white gif
Denny Graham - Ross Realty Le Sueur Parks and Recreation First State Bank Lynnea Wetzel - REMAX
white gif
Chatter Latest Posts
Monday lunch special !
by RoadHaus - 03/01/21 10:49 AM
Bitter Cold Yielded More Nature Surprises
by Jeff Steinborn - 03/01/21 09:17 AM
Friday lunch special!
by RoadHaus - 02/26/21 10:34 AM
Thursday lunch special !
by RoadHaus - 02/25/21 10:42 AM
Wednesday lunch special !
by RoadHaus - 02/24/21 10:49 AM
2021 Feb 22 St Thomas News
by Tom Graham - 02/23/21 07:43 AM
Spring Brunch Drive Thru - March 28th
by Jeff Steinborn - 02/19/21 11:16 AM
Henderson Feathers Photos
by Jeff Steinborn, March 1
Bitter Cold Yields More of Nature’s Surprises
Bitter Cold Yields More of Nature’s Surprises
by Jeff Steinborn, February 17
Little Things Can and Do Mean a Lot
Little Things Can and Do Mean a Lot
by Jeff Steinborn, January 27
March
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (RoadHaus), 73 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
True Hendersonite
True Hendersonite
There are 2 meetings left before a recommendation is made - the next meeting is January 18th at 6 p.m. in the Hilltop Elementary Media Center.

W
True Hendersonite
True Hendersonite
W
I think your right, we need to take a stand on this. Here are a few thoughts I've had on the matter. I believe the reason they hired someone for $12,000 is so when it comes to her recommendation to reconfigure Hilltop, Dave Johnson can point to that and not take the heat for it. Why should someone who has nothing invested in our communities have so much say(or any)in this matter. I for one would not have supported the referendum if I had known this was coming. Now I feel we are paying all these extra taxes and we're getting the shaft. They would have never tried this before that vote. I do believe this would have a major impact on Henderson, if you were a new family moving to the area would you move to a town with a two grade school? This also means if someone wants to sell their house it might not sell as quick or be worth as much, but our taxes will still be high. Doesn't quite seem right, does it? One other thing I'd like to mention, why are we as a school district always cutting when we have a big surplus that just keeps building? I mean it is a good thing to have a reserve, but I hear it's quite a sum and it's ours and we just keep getting less. They always say they want to do whats best for our children, but it really comes down to the almighty dollar! I think Hilltop has provided a fine education for our children, so tell me again, why do they want to change it?

W
True Hendersonite
True Hendersonite
W
I was wondering, how do parents from LeSueur feel about sending their children to Henderson?

True Hendersonite
True Hendersonite
Actually, we have not heard much at all at the task force level from parents of young children - that feedback would be helpful as well.

L
Chatter Elite
Chatter Elite
L
What? I was at the meeting in LeSueur and Jeff was at the one in Henderson. I would say that 80% of the parents that spoke were parents of young children. (2nd grade and younger)
Is the task force listening? As a consensus, every parent that spoke would like Park and Hilltop to remain as is.

M
City Slicker
City Slicker
M
Was anyone at the January 4th task force meeting? I heard that the task force members went around and said which option they were leaning towards. The majority said Option 3. That would mean Hilltop would be two grades - 4th and 5th. The meeting summary is not yet posted on the district's website.

Chatter Elite
Chatter Elite
OK - I have kids that would be affected, I want it K-5.

Now why parents have more say than than the other tax payers of the district is an interesting assertion.

I find the whole process dishonest - which probably says something about me and/or the leaders of this process.

True Hendersonite
True Hendersonite
No, I do not think that there is not one population that has more say than another, I personally want to make sure that we hear from everyone that has a concern, etc.....I think that it is important to get everyone's feeling on what is going on - There were a handful of parents at the meetings, but not as many as I thought would attend the meetings - I think Henderson was pretty well represented, but I know there are more people that have children that attend Hilltop (or Park for that matter) than what was represented at the public forum meetings....I know everyone is busy, but it is important to hear from as many as possible...I am sure there are things that the parents have as concerns that the task force has not thought of - outside of what was said at the meetings....

The next meeting is on January 18, 2007 at 6 p.m. at Hilltop Elementary - All are welcome and encouraged to attend.....

T
Chatter Elite
Chatter Elite
T
I emailed every one of our school board members to express my concern. NOT ONE gave me a reply.

Chatter Elite
Chatter Elite
Maybe they have heard your karokee.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Follow us on Facebook!
Henderson Photos
Help Identify the year.
Help Identify the year.
by Jeff Steinborn, May 8
Identify Photo 4/12/19
Identify Photo 4/12/19
by Jeff Steinborn, April 12
Identify Photo 3/11/19
Identify Photo 3/11/19
by Jeff Steinborn, March 11
Henderson Weather
The Weather Network
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.