white gif
Denny Graham - Ross Realty Le Sueur Parks and Recreation First State Bank Lynnea Wetzel - REMAX
white gif
Chatter Latest Posts
Monday lunch special !
by RoadHaus - 03/01/21 10:49 AM
Bitter Cold Yielded More Nature Surprises
by Jeff Steinborn - 03/01/21 09:17 AM
Friday lunch special!
by RoadHaus - 02/26/21 10:34 AM
Thursday lunch special !
by RoadHaus - 02/25/21 10:42 AM
Wednesday lunch special !
by RoadHaus - 02/24/21 10:49 AM
2021 Feb 22 St Thomas News
by Tom Graham - 02/23/21 07:43 AM
Spring Brunch Drive Thru - March 28th
by Jeff Steinborn - 02/19/21 11:16 AM
Henderson Feathers Photos
by Jeff Steinborn, March 1
Bitter Cold Yields More of Nature’s Surprises
Bitter Cold Yields More of Nature’s Surprises
by Jeff Steinborn, February 17
Little Things Can and Do Mean a Lot
Little Things Can and Do Mean a Lot
by Jeff Steinborn, January 27
March
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (RoadHaus), 73 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#19970 10/14/11 06:33 PM
L
Chatter Elite
OP Offline
Chatter Elite
L
AGENDA
HENDERSON CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2011
TIME 7:00 P.M.
TARGET TIME
7:00 P.M.
I. Call to Order

II. Minutes, September 21, 2011

III. Ordinances/Reports/Hearings/Requests to Appear Before the Council
1. Liquor License Application, Henderson RoadHaus
2. Interim Police Chief Pat Nienaber
3. Region 9 Request
4. Second Reading Ordinance 225-Franchise Fees
5. Other

A. City Administrator
1. FEMA Disaster Projects Updates
2. Activities List
3. League of Cities Information
4. Water Tower Cleaning
5. Other

B Mayor/City Council
1. Henderson Fire Commission
2. Economic Development
3. Other

IV. Financial
1. Bills
2. September 2011 End of Month
3. Other

V. Old Business

VI New Business
A. Resignations

1. Scott Hornaman
2. Henderson Fire Department Members Tim Nytes and Andrew Hunt
B. Other

VII. Informational Items
1. Revised Meeting Schedule to be Approved/Distributed
2. Other

8:15 P.M. VIII. Adjourn

Chatter Elite
Online Content
Chatter Elite
Organizers of the "Eric Karels for police chief" petition would like to note that the petition will be presented tonight. Also come to support if you are able.

Thanks.

J
True Hendersonite
True Hendersonite
J
I attended last night's council meeting, and, as I was leaving, I overheard Bill Wentzlaff's comment regarding his presentation at the meeting. "I feel like I just got kicked in the ....s." I was disheartened and feel the need to comment. Many people find public speaking difficult, especially when you know what you are presenting might not be well received. Bill stood before the council, made a thought-out, respectful presentation, had a petition with over 300 like-minded people's signatures, and a dozen or so like-minded people in the audience. When he finished, he stood there waiting for some response like anyone would. What he got was the fish-eye from the council throughout his presentation, then a "Next" from the mayor like he had just placed an order at the fast food joint. There was no appreciation shown for his time spent, willingness to speak out at the meeting, or willingness to participate in THE PROCESS! They didn't have to agree with him, but they sure could have said something! What does Bill represent to me? A future volunteer, leader, possible family man, and taxpayer. What has the council probably inspired in him? Apathy, anger, and maybe a desire to move to a community where his efforts might be appreciated. What do I hope the council inspired in Bill? The desire to run in the next City Council election!

K
Chatter Elite
Chatter Elite
K
Well put, Julie.

Chatter Elite
Chatter Elite
Way to go Billy Wags!! By the way, when IS the next city council election? Sometimes change isn't always a good thing.

Chatter Elite
Online Content
Chatter Elite
Good job Bill! At the very least the petition was submitted and can be listed in the minutes. Great post Julie.

T
Chatter Elite
Chatter Elite
T
The elected officials who ignored their constituents and thumbed their noses at democracy need to be confronted every chance their constituents get. If they won't talk to their voters in the meeting, they need to be talked to in public. Everytime a coucil member or mayor is seen in public, they need to have pressure put on them by their voters. They hsd the chance to discuss the issue in a public meeting but chose not to. Now it's time to discuss it to them on the streets.

B
True Hendersonite
True Hendersonite
B
Bill is one of the best guys I know. Respectful, involved in the community, comes from a great family......Billy, way to go! If I didn't have plans last night, I would have been there to support you and the petition in person. At least someone has the ...ts to speak up! I'm honestly very disappointed in our council members behavior. When I moved to Henderson, I thought it was an all-around great community, what I didn't know, was that the people in charge would just shrug something like this off when they have over 300 community members signing.

Last edited by Bral47; 10/20/11 11:25 AM.
W
True Hendersonite
True Hendersonite
W
As many of you know, a lot of people were upset, that for whatever reason the City Council decided not to give Eric a shot at the Chief of Police job. Well, Bill decided to do something about it to let the council know. He didn't do it to be disrespectful or piss anyone off. He did it because he thought it was the right thing to do. Bill had to take time off from work last night to present the petition and then he drove back to work after the presentation. He wanted to follow through and not put it on someone else, again because it was the right thing to do. I hope he doesn't feel it was all for not, because he was representing many of Henderson's citizen. Something the City Council must have forgotten is their job.
Good job Bill. I'm proud of you!

Last edited by wentz; 10/20/11 11:37 AM.
K
Chatter Elite
Chatter Elite
K
Billy joked a few years ago about running against me. He's got the right stuff! Council or Mayor he's got my endorsement!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lon Berberich 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Follow us on Facebook!
Henderson Photos
Help Identify the year.
Help Identify the year.
by Jeff Steinborn, May 8
Identify Photo 4/12/19
Identify Photo 4/12/19
by Jeff Steinborn, April 12
Identify Photo 3/11/19
Identify Photo 3/11/19
by Jeff Steinborn, March 11
Henderson Weather
The Weather Network
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.