2015 August 3 St. Thomas News
Our next mass at St. Thomas is scheduled for Saturday, August 15th at 5:00 p.m. will be officiated by Father Roger Hessian.

Masses at St. Anne’s in Le Sueur are scheduled for Saturdays at 5:15 p.m., Sundays at 8:00 and 10:30 A.M..

Mass of Christian Burial for Bob Hauer was Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at St. Scholastica Catholic Church in Heidleberg. Bob was a fun guy, in the 70’s when we were doing a lot of snowmobiling, Bob told me to hop on behind him... said he’d give me a ride I’d never forget. Our bunch was riding somewhere around Lake Pepin at night. In the dark one can get disoriented, I did. He drove breathtakingly fast. We went over a cliff... Airborne! Stomach in my throat, I hung on and screamed all the way down to the ice below. Right... never forgot it. We’ll remember him as always friendly, confident and fun. Our sympathies to his wife Judy, and their family Dustin and Katy, Krystal, Chris and Mallory.

Spotted among those taking in the Giant Celebration Sunday in Le Sueur were Mary Grace O’Brien and her family, Jim,Emily Anna and Caleb Sullivan, Maynard and Colleen Burns Rohloff with members of their family Mitch, Steph, and Hanna Koller, Michael Koller and girlfriend, Chuck and Marie Retka with Jason. Mary Jo’s daughter, Brittney Abraham with their three, Todd and Peggy Sullivan, Brigid Tuck and her family...Riding with us during the parade were grandchildren Tyler, Andy, Anna, Madelyne and Katelyn. daughter Cari drove son Corey’s car.
Brigid Doherty Tuck defended her Giant Days title on Sunday. Fastest finisher from Le Sueur and Brigid won in her new age category. Her son, Henry, is following close in Mom’s footsteps, he ran the whole kids race without stopping!
The 2015 Burns Reunion was hosted by the Charles and Madelyne Burns Wolff families on Sunday, August 2nd at Sibley Park in Mankato. The 97 ½ year-old Madelyne was present looking happy. This family matriarch is noted for her wisdom and her powerful prayers. Sibley Park is significant in Burns history. The first Burns Reunion at Sibley Park was the 25th Anniversary of Tim and Alice Burns in 1941. Grandson Tim Wolff gave an informational run-down of the last Burns Reunion at Sibley Park, 59 years ago, June 27, 1956, when a heavy hail storm, as the storm went through St. Thomas electricity went out the night of the 1956 reunion. Tim Burns, Sr., got up early the next morning, knowing the crops in his son, Timmy’s, fields were a total loss. They needed to replant. Alice watched as Tim left their yard, driving out the driveway on the Minneapolis Moline tractor, pulling a disc to their son’s field less than ½ mile away. The rest is family history, many at the gathering added their perspective, while historians recorded. Many questions and many details were learned of their beloved grandfather’s and great grandfather’s accident. Among them, how hot and humid it was, and how terrible the mosquitoes were that final week in June of 1956. Details that will fade away with time. Traditional host family booklets were handed out and a potluck lunch was served.
That’s all folks. Have a good one.