white gif
Denny Graham - Ross Realty Le Sueur Parks and Recreation First State Bank Lynnea Wetzel - REMAX
white gif        
Chatter Latest Posts
Thursday lunch specials
by RoadHaus. 06/22/17 10:36 AM
Kraut Kan Hunt - Clue #1
by Norton. 06/21/17 09:04 PM
Wednesday lunch specials
by RoadHaus. 06/21/17 10:26 AM
The Kraut Shirt Craze!
by Meghan Graham. 06/21/17 09:26 AM
2017 June 19 St Thomas News
by Tom Graham. 06/20/17 07:18 AM
Viva la kraut!
by Jeff Steinborn. 06/19/17 07:29 PM
Kraut Eating Contest
by Meghan Graham. 06/19/17 12:24 PM
Henderson Feathers Photos
The Bugs Have It!
June
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 208 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums24
Topics6,901
Posts23,073
Members1,041
Most Online413
Mar 2nd, 2017
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Page 35 of 35 1 2 33 34 35
#27519 - 04/11/16 08:03 PM Re: Twins Talk [Re: Norton]  
Norton Offline
Norton  Offline

Chatter Elite

Charlie's
Beer sales cancelled at Target field - they lost the opener.

#27520 - 04/11/16 09:54 PM Re: Twins Talk [Re: Norton]  
Rubles Offline
Chatter Elite
Rubles  Offline
Chatter Elite

formerly R.R. 1 Box 223
Bet you really smiled when you wrote that Norton. I groaned. And then I smiled...

#27531 - 04/14/16 05:24 PM Re: Twins Talk [Re: Norton]  
Norton Offline
Norton  Offline

Chatter Elite

Charlie's
Holy buckets it just keeps getting worse. Scalpers aren't going to be happy - they might be out of the playoffs only 2 weeks into the season. Wow.

#27796 - 07/29/16 10:41 AM Re: Twins Talk [Re: Norton]  
Norton Offline
Norton  Offline

Chatter Elite

Charlie's
Nunez traded for a pitcher - good work. I am thinking more will be going soon, such as Grossman. Some talks have Erwin Santana being traded but trading a pitcher that is decent would be really dumb and I don't see it. Plus if one would want a mediocre like pitcher next year, it will cost more than what he is currently making and he is locked up for a couple more years. The only way I see him going is if he is a cancer in clubhouse.

#28349 - 04/04/17 07:12 AM Re: Twins Talk [Re: Norton]  
Norton Offline
Norton  Offline

Chatter Elite

Charlie's
Wow – big win by the Twins yesterday. So much for the old joke, no beer sales as they lost the opener. On the other hand, they still have a shot at an undefeated season. OK – that was just plain silly there. It’s been an interesting off season and spring training with the new brass of Levine and Falvey. Lots of computer talk, etc. as the Twins go the route of relying on computers versus the old baseball scouts. With all that said, The Brass ain’t trying to win a World Series this year and probably not next either, so swallow hard and face the facts here. On the other hand, it might be a few years out but it could be a few years run if things work out.

With 59 wins last year, what to expect this year? Here is my take on it, realize that my baseball mind is not near that of Frankie B., Camel, or the great Lon – so if one of those three wanted to chime in we will all be smarter for it.

Catcher: This was the BIG move in the off season, got a guy, Jason Castro, that can frame the strike zone (computers tell us this) which after game 1, he looks pretty darn good. The backup is some guy I never heard of, Chris Gimenez, which is probably better than that three named guy, John Ryan Murphy. One should really be careful when around someone with three names, such as Lee Harvey Oswald, Billy Joe Byrne, Robert Earl Keen, Jerry Jeff Walker, John Wilkes Booth and of course, Kitty Jo Walsh. OK – Kitty Jo is fine, just thought I would give that a tease. Anyhow, I’m thinking upgrade here at catcher over last year.

First base – Mauer is on the down hill slide and they should have moved him years ago when Camel was calling for it. Second base – not sure if Dozier will be better, so I call this a push. Short stop, they say Polanco don’t have range but looks good to me – this is an improvement. Third base – Sano can’t field like Trevor Plouffe but he can change the game with one swing of the bat, so I’m thinking upgrade here.

Outfield – I like the trio of Rosario, Buxton, and Kepler. Defensively this is a way better outfield than last year and they will save some runs. Not sure Butxton and Rosario have major league pitching figured out, but how better to figure it out than to face it every day. Grossman, as a back up, brings some grit and if the trio can stay together, the outfield will be fun to watch.

DH – Grossman. What? The Twins are starting with 13 pitchers, instead of 12 so one less position player. This was the big news coming out of spring training with everyone saying how good the Korean slugger, Bung Ho Park, played in spring training. Well, I got news for you people; Aaron Hicks was the second coming of Kirby Puckett a few springs ago only to get demoted later. I’m thinking The Brass remembers this well and we will see big Kenny Vargas up here before Easter.

Pitching – don’t know what to think here but it can’t be any worse than last year. Seriously, there has to be at least 5 to 10 more wins with this group. Probably seen the end of the Stillwater Flash, Glen Perkins, which is too bad. I guess he can sell AC units with Herbie, which might be fun. The Brass went with some older guys, so it looks like they see some value in pitchers with experience that didn’t cost a whole lot. This will be an interesting experience.

All in all, it’s always fun when baseball starts, big hopes for the coming season. If The Brass doesn’t break up the team, I’m thinking 15 to 20 more wins than last year. That would be 74 wins at a minimum – I can hear the Camel scoff already. But seriously, it couldn’t have been as bad as the record was last year – that was terrible. Lots of pundits are saying Dozier and the pitcher Santana are gone before the trade deadline and that would fit into the 3 year plan that The Brass seems to have in place. Be prepared for this talking point all season – who will get traded to build for the future. On the bright side, at least the Twins won’t start 0 and 9 like last year, there is that!

#28354 - 04/05/17 11:52 AM Re: Twins Talk [Re: Norton]  
Lon Berberich Offline
Lon Berberich  Offline

Chatter Elite

Henderson, Minnesota
Very well said! Even with breaking up the team Royals, White Sox and maybe Tigers will be doing the same thing so 2 of the 4 will win in the low 70's and two around 80.

My nephew who is a sabermetrics nut says sweep of the Royals.

Camel could have played competitively 3 more years with the new use of OBAVE; WAR; LIPS; DRS; UZR; TZ & VORP and the realization of his value and excellence at the game.

Last edited by Lon Berberich; 04/05/17 12:08 PM.
#28355 - 04/05/17 03:48 PM Re: Twins Talk [Re: Norton]  
bnag Offline
bnag  Offline

Chatter Elite

down by Fuzzy and Fran
All I have to say is Dairy Queen should bring back the batting helmet sundaes.

Vikings signed backup QB Casey Kasem.

#28358 - 04/06/17 03:36 PM Re: Twins Talk [Re: Norton]  
Norton Offline
Norton  Offline

Chatter Elite

Charlie's
Well now, looks like Lon's Nephew should be chiming in here - predicts the sweep - using sabermetrics (whatever that is but I'm thinking it's some computer gizmo) and BAM! Sweep it is and the Twins could still have an undefeated season. First place - in your face! (Thought one should get that in now as I'm not thinking it's going to last, but who knows? That's why they play the game.)

Speaking of Casey Kasem - does anyone know when the next blood mobile is?

#28363 - 04/08/17 12:19 AM Re: Twins Talk [Re: Norton]  
Skeddy Offline
Skeddy  Offline

Chatter Elite

Henderson
It was yesterday Norton. Pushed it out in 5:36 this time. I've come to the conclusion that if I ever get into a knife fight (which I have zero experience in) I hope it's near a hospital cuz I may bleed out real quick.

One of Lon's sabermetrics doo dads said LIPS. All I know about LIPS is he was a guy from Cleveland who I remember playing ball against from Ron's Little Leaguers to Hollom's Tiger nine at HHS. Clippers were always a formidable foe and they usually seemed to have our number. Good hitters and they had mustaches in 8th grade!

Go Twins!

Page 35 of 35 1 2 33 34 35

Moderated by  Norton 

Follow us on Facebook!
Henderson Photos
Flashback Friday 5/26/17
Flashback Friday 5/5/17
Flashback Friday 4/28/17
Henderson Weather
The Weather Network
Shout Box
Newest Members