2021 July 19 St. Thomas News

Fr. Hessian will say mass at St. Thomas on Saturday, July 24th, at 5:00 pm and Saturday, August 21st, at 5:00 pm.

St. Anne’s Catholic Church in Le Sueur will have masses with Father Chris Shofner: Saturdays at 5:15 p. m. and Sundays at 8 a. m. and 10:30 a. m.. Check the website for more information if needed.

Hugo Leider, of Duluth, Minnesota, passed away on July18, 2021. Hugo and Helen O’Neill were married here in St. Thomas. Our sympathies to Helen, her sisters, Carol, Kay, Muriel and the O’Neill families.

Prayers for comfort and peace for Barb McGuire and her family..

Bob and Becky Block returned recently from a camping trip to La Crosse Wisconsin where they camped Goose Island Campground and toured the area. The Blocks took in the Dahl Auto Museum and the beautiful Friendship Gardens in La Crosse. Down a cozy country road they found an interesting little village of Amish shops near Cashton, Wisconsin. Another day was spent taking in the sites in Lansing, Iowa, including Horsfalls Variety Store, an eclectic collection of “everything imaginable!”

Many of the Hallorans spent some time last week at Pleasant Pines Resort, their annual summer vacation place in Hackensack.

St. Patrick’s Festival happened Sunday, the 18th. Brandon and Gina, Garin, Emma, and Thomas O’Connell, along with Gina’s Mom and Dad Norman and Deenie Sticha, Bruce and Cathy Halloran. Ron and Lois Solheid... Folks enjoyed the Novotny Trio as they entertained, even in the warm and humid gathering. Anybody remember where their first paid playing job was ? Buddy Callahan’s barn dance... 60 years ago.

“Greetings” to Bob and Mary Vanasek, who enjoyed the St. Patrick’s Festival, and read this column as well!

It’s no secret: “We are experiencing extreme drought conditions in the country.”

Words on a plaque in my home, “If you don’t believe in angels, you haven’t met my Grandma’s.”
Words on a plaque in my grand childrens home… “If Mom ain’t happy ain’t nobody happy. If Grandma ain’t happy... RUN!”