2021 September 27 St. Thomas News

Next mass in St. Thomas is on Saturday, October 9th at 5:00 p. m.

St. Anne’s Catholic Church in Le Sueur will have masses with Father Chris Shofner: Saturdays at 5:15 p. m. and Sundays at 8 a. m. and 10:30 a. m.. Check the website for more information if needed

A Mass of Christian Burial for Alvin Nasinec was held Saturday at Holy Redeemer. Alvin and Mary Ann will always be remembered for their kind and friendly nature, and Mary Ann, the most patient waitress at the Dinner Bell late at night, and Bessie, Al’s mom would visit at Grandma and Grandpa Pexa’s farm always talked Czech and often to sell Western Bohemian Insurance. Our sympathies to their families...and grandson Ted Schleeve, a great waiter at Lex, must have acquired those skills from his Grandma.

Regan Schatz and John Klein are excited to announce the arrival of their daughter, Joeanna Grace! She was born on September 5th 2021 at 3:25pm, weighed 7 pounds 11 ounces and was 20 inches long. Her grandparents are Lonnie and Sue Schatz of Le Center and Troy and Paula Billingsley of Le Sueur. Her great grand parents are Carol O’Connell Schatz from the St. Thomas side of Lexington. (St. Thomas originally) and Phyllis Smith of Union Hill. Joeanna is named after her late great grandfather Joe Schatz of Lexington.

From Dan and Julie: Declan’s Irish Clan showed up Sunday at Como Park to raise awareness and money for the Down Syndrome Association of Minnesota. Our appreciation to everyone who attended the walk with us, and to all who donated to this great organization. Over $2,880 was raised! Simply AMAZING!
What a great day to celebrate and continue to raise awareness about people with Down Syndrome. We came together. We showed up. We made lifelong friendships! The entertainment was hilarious and made everyone dance! We loved it! Koo Koo Kanga Roo, our favorites... “The Roller Coaster Song” and the girls liked “The Cat Party song”! To the Down Syndrome Association of Minnesota,
Our heartfelt appreciation for putting on another great celebration!

Max Sullivan announces the sale of her beloved John Deere lawn mower and the home place to her youngest son, Mickey, Maxine Sullivan has moved to an apartment in St. Peter where the tenants do not have to mow the lawn.

Dick and Pat Laabs enjoyed dinner at the Fishtale last Friday evening with Dick’s Uncle Wesley Koepp and Patty’s Mom Mary Klehr.

Le Sueur’s “Class of 67” gathered at The Bar in Le Sueur on Tuesday for our 54th Class Reunion. The Class of 67 was 103 strong, 17 are deceased, 21 attended. We have a class reunion every year now, thanks to Rick’s idea a few years ago. This one was the best one... so far!

From Vic Ruhland: “A certain 1925 restored Model T Ford Truck originally owned by the Halloran Family of St. Thomas made a showing at the Western Minnesota Steam Thresher Show in
Rollag, MN, last Saturday. My dad Albert had purchased the remaining
pieces of the truck from the Hallorans for a few dollars back in the
1960s. Restoration of it was then attempted by the Ruhland Family
including a new wooden box that dad built. It made some local showing in
those days. In recent years our restored truck wound up with my son
Kenneth who has lake property on Pelican Lake in Northwestern MN within
15 miles of the community of Rollag. He continued to improve restoration
of the T Truck including getting new tires. Ken developed a plan this
year for showing the restored truck at the Rollag event without informing
his Dad (me). He told his son Morgen last Saturday take Grandpa to the
viewing site for the 10 am parade. He wanted to drop some supplies off
and would soon join us. But I soon wondered what's taking him so long
before joining us. It wasn't long before Morgen says “here he comes.” Ken
was driving our Ford T Truck in the Rollag Steam Thresher parade - a
premier showing! What an amazing surprise for me! Ken and I had
frequently talked in the past about the possibility if some day the truck
could appear in the Rollag parade. But I wasn't really thinking about
doing so in 2021. The parade announcer addressing the viewing crowd
described the vehicle, its ownership and the fact that 30 years ago the
Model T Truck had been used at threshing bees held in Union Hill, MN.
Vic Ruhland. I'll mail you some photos that Morgen took once I get them.”     
WOW!!! This writers Dad, Jack was a water boy on many of his uncle Denny Halloran’s
threshing jobs.

Til next time... God bless.