We are looking for someone to fill the following role at one of our clients. This would most likely be a contract to hire position, as our client would like a FT person. If you have the skills and background give me a call and we can discuss this.
This position is in Sleepy Eye, MN, I realize this could be a longer commute, however if you are already commuting to Minneapolis, it may not be any different. Or if you know of anyone in that area, please feel free to pass my contact information along to them. Thanks!
Position Overview and Responsibilities
This position will maximize efficiencies of all departments by providing 3rd level technical support and network project management; evaluation of computer hardware and software products while collaborating with systems development and computer services; and hands-on LAN/WAN hardware and software installation.
Key areas of responsibility are:
1. LAN/WAN and phone installation, configuration, maintenance and
monitoring as required.
2. Prioritize changing daily requirements to meet customer needs.
3. Design and administer users, groups, and security through ADS.
4. Perform backup and recovery planning for CFF.
5. Follow hardware, software, and network connectivity standards and best practices.
6. Analyze and recommend solutions.
7. Follow long-term network strategy by engineering routing design and oversee network device installations.
8. Work with vendors from within the community to receive the
appropriate service levels.
9. Monitor and respond to system alerts and performance indicators.
10. Document network configurations and standards.
11. Provide back up support of desktops and laptops and associated applications/peripherals.
12. Serve as a Help Desk back-up.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science with technical
certification, and 5-7 years work related experience required.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
1. Proficiency in Microsoft Windows Server 2000/2003, VPNs, CISCO
routers/switches, Wireless, PIX firewalls, ADS, Exchange, Citrix, PBX,TCP/IP, DNS, DSL lines, HP, Toshiba, Dell, and Compaq.
2. Maintains a leading edge knowledge base for LAN/WAN hardware and software applications.
1. Ability to prioritize changing daily requirements to meet users demands.
2. Team orientation with the ability to adapt in a fast paced
3. Collaborates with different departments to organize and execute needed technologies.
4. Strict adherence to company confidentiality and ethical standards.
5. Displays a high level of professionalism.
6. Strong organizational and project management skills.
7. Ability to recognize co-workers strengths and capitalize on them.